Custom Reporting to Meet the Clients Needs
1) MS Project Now developed several custom reports for BTS, which included:
- Project Status Reports
- Executive Overview
- Portfolio Overview
- Resource Allocation Report
- Timesheet Compliance Report
2) MS Project Now configured the solution to support task assignments. MS Project Now also trained their Project Managers on how to develop their schedules more consistently and to a level that made resource tracking easier and more efficient. The consistency applied across all Project Managers was paramount to their success.
3) MS Project Now implemented the Single Entry Mode (SEM) time sheet feature in Project Server.
4) BTS purchased MS Project Now's report pack, which was then customized to BTS's specific needs.
Immediate Benefits and a Solution that Fixes the Pain-points
BTS is using Microsoft Project Server for the first time on a very large infrastructure project, and they are seeing immediate benefits. They are seeing automatic updates to the project schedule and work completion status from the resources updating the status of the actual work completed in their task assignments. Real time information about resource utilization and capacity on projects has given BTS the opportunity for the first time, to plan resources time, what they could spend on non-project work versus their availability to work on projects. The most important result for BTS is that they now have real time information about resource utilization and capacity on all projects, making informed decisions a reality.
- BTS can now successfully track project progress through the SEM timesheet feature.
- BTS has much better reporting and can now see information across the portfolio
- BTS can now manage resource allocation across the portfolio
Our resources really appreciate seeing their task assignments weeks in advance in the context of a larger project schedule. They have line of sight on the dependencies between tasks and the impact their work has on the project. I don’t think we could ever go back to the way we worked on projects before.”
-Gabriel Di Lullo,
Associate Director I.T. Bell Technical Solutions